This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

155 - bum, bum, bum - another pound bites the dust . . . and another one's gone, and another one's gone and another one bites the dust (you get it, right?!?)

It's been a great week, and not just because I had a little success on the scale.  I finished my summer semester at MATC with another 4.0 GPA.  I've got a couple more weeks before the fall semester starts.  I've been using my time wisely; putting the finishing touches on Hayden's christmas stocking, scrapbooking, walking, and spending time with Jim and the kids.  Jim and I have been continuing to work on the back yard.  It's coming along, but the end isn't near.

Taylor and I had a nice day together last Saturday.  We started the morning with a tour of the Marquette campus.  Much smaller than Madison, and a lot more expensive.  Taylor suggested lunch at Public Market.  I was feeling a little nervous because I do not like driving downtown, especially when I have no clue where I'm going.  I drove and she navigated.  We made it!  We ate and then went into some of the hoity toity shops down there - getting a jump on shopping for a homecoming dress (with no luck).  No worries.  We've got a few more months.  After our visit to the trendy east side, we headed to Stein's for more plants, which is in my comfort zone.  Then we got home and she ditched me to go to State Fair with Jeff, Tracy and Mackenzie.  I look forward to the next campus tour on September 28.  We'll be touring the University of MN - Twin Cities. 

Brooke had a super week at horse camp with Mackenzie.  She's been talking about wanting private riding lessons.  We'll see . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment