This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

153- Hanging at 153 this week.  It's been a stressful week for me - and that's not including school.

Jim's been wanting me to get my hearing tested for quite a while.  He's frustrated with me saying, "What?"  or "What did you say?" or just giving him that blank look.  Apparently, the kids think I'm ignoring them.  I'm sure patients are almost as exasperated with me as I am with them.  (Granted, the majority of patients are on cell phones, have babies screaming in the background, and they are incapable of enunciating.)  Anyway, I celebrated the kids' first day back to school with a hearing test.  It turns out I'm a great candidate for hearing aids.  My hearing is severely impaired in my left ear and even worse in my right.  I'm still working on digesting all of the details, but the good news is that I'm an excellent lip reader and that's how I've managed to get by.

We've survived the first day of school!


No comments:

Post a Comment