This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

156 - Two weeks and no movement.  I can think of a few reasons why . . .

HIBACHI - Do you have any idea how much butter goes into those meals?  O.M.G.  It's disgusting.  While the entertainment was great, the food . . .  eh.  At least now I know what it's all about.

BIRTHDAY CAKE - What the heck was I thinking?!?

EXERCISE (or lack of) - I've been doing a lot of yard work but my walks have been few and far between.  If there could be about six more hours in each day I think I'd be in a less neurotic place.

I'm sure there are about ten more excuses I can come up with, but I'll take the extra time and go for a walk this morning.

Progress:



I wish I had taken "before" pictures of the back.  I was so eager to get started I completely forgot.  The only credit I can take for the side of the house section that's pictured above is that I picked out the plants and staked the rose bush.  Jim did the rest; installed the edging, planted my precious babies, placed the fabric, and mulched.  Not to sell myself short . . . the selection of the greenery was a production all in itself.  Brooke and Jim were with me at Stein's and were none too tolerant of my indecision.  Brooke announced as we were leaving the parking lot that it ONLY TOOK 55 MINUTES (in her adorable sarcastic voice).  There's still so much to do in the way of getting our yard to its full potential that it's exhausting.  Jim and I get a little bit terse with each other out there, but I keep reminding him that if we just had a great big hole dug for a pool it would eliminate a huge portion of our most problematic area.  He's not going for it.

Happy News:  I didn't pass out after my blood donation yesterday. 

Happier News:  Two more sleeps and we're off to the happiest place on earth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment