This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Monday, May 12, 2014

155 - Two years ago today I was probably sitting in pre-surgical area right about now.  Big changes since then; all for the better.  I am struggling a bit these days - between eating appropriately and finding the energy to exercise.  It might be a problem that's related.  I'm so exhausted all the time that I just eat as opposed to taking the time to make something, or put a bit more thought into what I'm eating.  My energy level is affecting my exercise routine too.  I've been having IV Iron infusions for the past two weeks, but nothing amazing has happened yet.  I keep hoping I'm going to wake up and have an unbelievable amount of energy.  Apparently it's a process.  I'm one of those people that is more into instant gratification.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  I'm hanging tight at the 83 pound weight loss mark.

This is an exciting week.  Taylor is going to be getting a scholarship on Thursday evening.  We don't know who it's from or how much the scholarship is worth.  We got an invitation to the ceremony and she has to be there to get the award.  Fingers crossed.  :)

Brooke and Reilly are both super-busy with ball games this week.  Our calendar is filled with games every single night this week, including a tournament this coming weekend.  I'm feeling wiped out just thinking about it.

Yesterday was a super-productive Mother's Day.  I ventured out to Stein's and picked up a lilac bush and a couple of Hydrangeas for planting.  I literally destroyed a stump in the back yard with use of a rake, hoe and hammer.  Productive and innovative!  Taylor was extremely helpful with getting our yard furniture repainted.  She even went to the hardware store to pick up paint!  Unfortunately, three cans of spray paint didn't quite get the job done.  Four chairs and 1/3 of the table complete.  Looks like she'll need to finish it up next weekend.

I'm going to try to be more consistent with my blogging.  Sorry to those of you that have been missing my posts (Taylor).  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment