This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

154 - I have another thing to be thankful for!!!  I'm back on track and the numbers on the scale are getting smaller.

I have SO many reasons to count my blessings.  I have an amazingly silly husband that thinks a "squatty potty" is an appropriate item to put on his christmas list.  (I still have no clue where he came up with that idea.)  He's pretty awesome.  I couldn't ask for a better person to share my life with.  I have beautiful and super-smart and sociable children that make me proud every single day - no matter what crazy shenanigans they've managed to get into.  A big shout-out to Taylor who has a list of incredible colleges to choose from - Madison, Loyola, Iowa and Milwaukee (so far).  We're still waiting to hear from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.  I'm thankful for the way her face lights up when a certain young man is around.  :)  I feel so fortunate that Brooke has found her niche - horses.  Thank you to G-Ma for introducing her/us to Erin Meadows.  What started out as a week of horse camp during the summer has become the place where Brooke goes for horseback riding lessons and also to help with groups that are visiting the farm for trail rides.  She's become so confident around those ginormous animals and is going to be in the Whitefish Bay parade on Black Friday this year with her horsey family.  :)  Skatemaster RT has found his fair weather sport.  He's become quite fluent in skateboard speak and is pretty daring when it comes to his boards.  (gasp)  I'm thankful he's playing basketball to keep himself busy during the snowy months, and I'm really looking forward to baseball season starting again.  Go Jr. Red Raiders!!! I can't forget my furry four-legged daughter.  I love that she always wants to have breakfast with me, and she never passes up the chance to go for a walk.  She's endeared herself to us with a little Zoe tantrum when we're not giving her something she wants.  She swipes her bowls off the mat when she wants them to be refilled.  Just like one of the kids!

Outside of my home, I am so thankful for the families that Jim and I have come from.  I'm so honored to be a godmother to Ian and Hayden.  I am proud of myself for continuing to succeed in my weight loss journey, for pushing myself to keep going with school and for my recent promotion at work. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: