This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Friday, January 17, 2014

154 - I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but there hasn't been much news.  I'm definitely enjoying my time off school.  I've been busy at work.  We're still short-staffed so the days go by unbelievably fast.  The kids are immersed in their teenager stuff - as usual.  Taylor's working and socializing, and still waiting for the thumb's up from Minnesota.  Brooke's doing her horseback riding lessons when our schedules allow.  Reilly's already got baseball practice every weekend (kind of like spring training - but started in December).  I truly wish I could figure out how to add about six hours to each day.  I think that would really help.

I had my plastic surgery consultation yesterday.  I have to admit I was a bit disenchanted with Dr. Hijjawi right off the bat.  My appointment was supposed to be last week and he cancelled on me due to an emergent surgery.  Yesterday, I was scheduled to see him at 3:30pm.  I was roomed promptly and waited until (drum roll, please) 5:10 for him to come flying in like a lunatic and being all apologetic.  I was fine with the fact that he was behind schedule.  I just wish the staff would have had the courtesy to let me know I hadn't been forgotten.  I had these visions of me peeking into the hall and finding it to be pitch black.  Except for that little snafu I was pleased with the doctor and I'm good to go with him for my muffin top extraction and hernia repair.  In doc speak it's called a Panniculectomy.  Now, it's just a matter of waiting for a decision from the insurance company.  I guess that can take up to 3 months.  I wish I could be all dramatic like patients that I talk to and say, "But I could be dead by then . . . " 


No comments:

Post a Comment