This is the tale of my battle against morbid obesity. I have a husband that supports me no matter what crazy idea I've conjured up, an 18-year old daughter, a 15-year old daughter, and a 13 -year old son. I have a full-time job at The Medical College of WI. I am blessed to have amazing family and friends. I have so much to live for so I'm going to slay this demon and live happily ever after!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

156 - uh oh!!!  Clearly, I need to get myself back on track.  No excuses.  I just got a clear dose of reality and I'm going to turn this around before I am back to train wreck status.

Taylor's an adult.  Wow; I made a person.  I have such vivid memories of taking her home from the hospital and being completely overwhelmed.  As I look back on the first year of her life I remember so many long nights of walking and rocking and lots of crying (from her and me).  Eighteen years later when I reflect on those early days of parenthood I feel so accomplished.  I have learned to prioritize, and troubleshoot, and compromise, and coordinate, and recognize the journey is not always easy - but absolutely worth it.  I hope I taught her a few things along the way too.

Clearly, Taylor is a pretty smart cookie, because she's going to be attending UW-Madison in the fall.  A decision has been made!!!  Jim and I are so proud of her for making such a responsible choice.  :)

On Wisconsin . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment